River City Girls 2 Developer WayForward announced that it will be available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on December 15th for $39.99 worldwide.
The sequel to the side-scrolling brawler debuted on consoles in Japan and Asia on December 1st.physical bundle River City Girl and River City Girls 2 Also available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch with English subtitles.
Here’s an overview of the game, from WayForward:
Featuring six playable characters, online play, a deep combat system, character-specific voiceovers, a huge non-linear game world, and RPG-like character progression.
Pick up directly after 2019 River City Girl, River City Girls 2 Giving players more of what they loved about the original: more characters, up to four player co-op, enhanced movement, new enemies to fight, and a bigger world to explore and brawl.Newcomers Marian (from the Double Dragon series) and Provie (from River City Ransom: Underground) join the returning playable cast of Misako, Kyoko, Kunio and Riki as they embark on a sprawling adventure that takes them from one end of town to the other while battling the Sanwakai crime syndicate that has thrown River City into chaos.
Other eye-opening features include new weapons, interactive environments filled with destructible objects, tons of side quests, over 40 shops stocked with items and accessories, and powerful mercenaries to assist players in battle. The action is complemented by action-packed animated cutscenes and thousands of lines of dialogue from top vocal talent – including Kelly Mills as Misako, Kira Buckland as Kyoko, Greg Haru as Kunio , Kaiji Tang as Rikimaru, DeeZumaki as Provi, and Erica Harlacher as Marian—again directed by Cristina “Vee” Valenzuela, with an epic romp from the critically acclaimed River City Girls series composer Megan McDuffee. Music soundtrack. The OST is currently available for digital download here.
- Six playable characters, each with their own fighting style and upgradeable move set!
- ENHANCED COMBAT: Defender crushes, aerial combos, and more!
- River City is bigger than ever! New locations with multiple routes and secret areas!
- Play solo or team up with friends locally or online
- Newly hired followers to aid players in battle! Accommodates two recruits at a time!
- Tons of NPCs to meet, interact and punch faces – including surprise cameos!
- Brilliant anime titles, comic book cutscenes, voiceovers in English and Japanese, and a captivating soundtrack River City Girls 1 Composer Megan McDuffie!