Now that Memorial Day is over, summer is really on the horizon.TonThe coming summer means the return of Hoboken’s much-loved outdoor activities like movies under the stars. In addition to this outdoor film tradition, Hoboken will host outdoor fitness park classes as well as an outdoor concert series. Read on for a schedule of Hoboken’s 2022 summer park fitness events and summer concert series.
Park Fitness is a sample of free classes from local yoga studios and fitness studios. After Park Fitness was in danger of being terminated, the Asana Soul Practice at 411 Jefferson Street organized a successful petition to support the continuation of the program.
Participants are advised to wear sneakers and loose-fitting clothing, and bring mats for applicable classes. In the event of inclement weather, participants should contact a local studio that offers classes, according to the New York City newsletter.
Park Fitness will be held at Pier A Park, 7th and Jackson Resiliency Park, Southwest Park, Southwest Pop-Up Park and under the Viaduct.
Pier Park Schedule
1st Street and Sinatra Drive, 7pm-8pm
- June 6: Hoboken Studios, Hip Hop Beginner Course. For updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 13: F45 Training Hoboken, Functional Training Camp. For updates, please call 201-758-8390
- June 20: urban soul.For updates, please click here to view the website
- June 27: Hudson Seed Yoga. For updates, email Trevorvaughan@hudsonseed.com or call 862-371-4966
- July 11: Jane do, do it all classes. For updates, click here.
- July 18: The soul of the city. See June 20 for information.
- July 25: Powerflow Yoga, an open-level course. For updates, please call 201-533-9642
- August 1: CKO Taekwondo, CKO Taekwondo class. For updates, please call 201-963-7774
- August 8: REMIXX MMA, kickboxing class. For updates, please call 201-310-8381
- August 15: Hudson Seed Yoga. See June 27 for information.
- August 22: Jane does. See July 11 for course information.
- June 7: Pilates Club, Mat Pilates. For updates, please call 201-839-6648
- June 14: Hudson Seed Yoga See June 27 for class information.
- June 21: Local Barre, Open Barre. For updates, please call 201-710-5994
- June 28: Rumble Boxing Hoboken, Strength Workout. For updates, please call 973-632-1539
- July 5: Hudson River Athletics, Functional Fitness Workout.For updates, check the HRA Instagram page
- July 12: Hudson River Athletics. See above for more information.
- July 19: Remix MMA. See August 8 for information.
- July 26: Local Barry. See June 21st for information.
- August 2: Hudson Seed Yoga. See June 14 for information.
- August 9: Pilates Club. See June 7 for information.
- August 16: Rumble Boxing Hoboken. See June 28 for information.
- August 23: Local Barry. See June 21st for information.
Read more: Try 10 Unique Workout Classes in Hoboken + Jersey City
Seventh and Jackson Resilient Park Schedule
625 Jackson Street, 6pm-7pm
Local Barre will be hosting Open Barre classes on the 7th and Jackson Resiliency Park on the following Thursdays:
- June 16
- June 30
- July 14
- July 28
For updates, please call 201-710-5994.
South West Park Hoboken Timeline
58 Jackson Street, 6pm-7pm
Crossfit Hoboken will be offering introductory HIIT classes at Southwest Park this following Wednesday:
For updates, please call 973-296-3273.
Southwest Pop-Up Park Schedule
58 Harrison Street, 6pm-7:30pm
Hive Athletics is hosting 30-minute mixed doubles Pickleball games at Southwest Pop-Up Park on Wednesdays at 6pm, 6:30pm and 7pm. Advance registration is required and balls and paddles are provided.
- June 22: Registration deadline is Friday, June 17. Click here to register.
- July 13: Registration deadline is Friday, July 8th. Click here to register.
For updates, please call 201-528-3271
According to the viaduct schedule
415 14th Street, 6pm-7pm
Local Barre will be hosting Open Barre classes under the viaduct this following Wednesday:
- June 15
- June 22
- July 6
- July 20
See More: Hoboken+ Guide to Jersey City Live Music Attractions
concert in the park
The Park Concert Series will be held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the summer. It officially kicks off on Monday, June 13.
Mondays are at Southwest Park (38 Harrison Street), Tuesdays at Shipyard Park (13th Street and McFeeley Drive), and Thursdays at Sinatra Park (525 Sinatra Drive).
Monday: Southwest Park Schedule
38 Harrison Street, 6.30pm-7.30pm
- June 13: fuzzy lemon
- June 20: rock music
- June 27: Swingadelic Quartet (6pm-8pm)
- July 11: listen to music together
- July 18: Corey’s music
- July 25: Zydeco Revelator (6pm-8pm)
- August 1: Ron Albanese (aka Polka Dot)
- August 8: rock academy student home band
- August 15: The Counterfeiters (6PM – 8PM)
Tuesday: Dockyard Park Schedule
13th Street and McFeely Avenue, 7pm-8pm
- June 14: Ron Albanese (aka Polka Dot)
- June 21: Yosi: long singing
- June 28: Mr. Magician
- July 12: Hoboken Sings, Karaoke Night with Hoboken Historical Museum
- July 19: Corey’s music
- July 26: fuzzy lemon
- August 2: rock music
- August 9: listen to music together
- August 16: American family carnival
Thursday: Sinatra Park Schedule
525 Sinatra Drive, 7pm-9pm
- June 9: Hoboken Public Schools Music student, grades 3-12
- June 16: Bars / Starless Row: Wu Yong, Schrams and Glenn Morrow’s Cries for Help
- June 23: My Way Sinatra Sing-Off at Hoboken: 12 contestants compete for the title of Best Sinatra Style Singer. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be moved to the Debon Auditorium.
- June 30: Fleetwood Mac Engagement: Produced by ALEO
- July 7: Marching Band 63: Concert Band Compositions, Performance Tunes and Patriotic Picks
- July 14: Hey Bulldog, cover band of the Beatles
- July 21: Guitar Bar All Stars: Sponsored by Guitar Bar
- July 28: Hoboken Sings: Karaoke Night with Hoboken Historical Museum
- August 4: Swingadelic Big Band: Blues, Jazz and Big Band tunes from the 50s and 60s
- August 11: Orquesta La Experiencia: Sponsored by the Puerto Rican Cultural Council and President Raul Morales II
- August 18: Julio Fernandez and Friends: Sponsored by Burgis