Updated on 12/4/22. See update below.
fortnite It’s down after an epic live event that saw the destruction of the Chapter 3 map and the putting together of a new Chapter 4 map, courtesy of Paradigm.
The event itself is pretty cool. Basically, you’re in space with a few little floating islands floating around the zero point — that giant glowing sphere in the picture above.
Your goal is to collect orbs of energy, funneling energy to zero so Paradigm can use it to power her map building. To do this, you have to find orbs around the map and complete mini-games and challenges, such as:
- Matching props around the floating island, such as flamingos.
- Watch flashbacks from previous live events, such as Rocket and Mech vs. Monster battles.
- Run NPC quests like building a snowman, throwing chickens to zero, and more.
As Paradigm takes root on more and more islands, new areas to explore and more places to find Orbs.
I think I got 44 at the end of the game. I recorded the whole process, but the video footage is corrupted, otherwise I would share it with you here. I’m actually pretty frustrated with this!
As the final film rolls out, we get a glimpse of some familiar faces – the same leaked skins I wrote about before the event: Geralt Of Rivia, Mister Beast, Hulk, DOOM Guy and what looks like a ninja Turtles and characters from Toy Story.
The new map looks lovely! I’m excited to get back into it, as I haven’t really played much lately, nor did I play much of Chapter 3 in the last year. Maybe this can breathe new life into the game.
While finding props and such is fun, it might be more fun if we also get a massive co-op fight with the Herald first, rather than just a movie. OK then! I still have a lot of fun.
The event ends with the following films:
When will Fortnite come back online?
We don’t have an exact time right now, but according to an Xbox in-game message, Chapter 4 will start on December 4th. That means the earliest servers can come back online at midnight ET/9pm PT. I think it’s more likely that the server will come online in the middle of the night around 3am ET / midnight PT. In other words: when you wake up tomorrow morning and download the new update, the servers will be online.
Epic Games rarely announces exact times when servers come back online, and in the past they’ve made players wait sky between seasons. That doesn’t seem to be the case here. I will update this post if we have more time. If for some reason the game doesn’t go live tomorrow, I’ll update this post. Right now, your best bet is to either stay up later or — if you’re smart enough — get a good night’s sleep and start working tomorrow morning.
Now I can’t even log into Fortnite, and I’m apparently logged out of the Epic Game Store on my PC even though I’m just playing! I’m getting a login error which I think is related to a game update. very strange. Anyway, there’s more. . . .
UPDATE: Servers are back online!
Fortnite: Battle Royale Coming back online after a long downtime.Although the game was offline for half a day yesterday, and most of the night, compared with the end of the first chapter and the beginning of the second chapter, this is still a short offline time. fortnite Disappeared into a black hole, the server did not recover for days.
It’s a gimmick that Epic Games probably doesn’t want to risk again. Going offline for 12 or 15 hours creates hype and anticipation; going offline for four days might throw a gamer into the arms of another game.
A lot of it is new anyway fortnite Today we’re exploring Chapter 4 Season 1. This includes:
- A brand new map with brand new points of interest to explore (plus some new ones).
- A new battle pass with a bunch of new skins, including wizard’s Geralt of Rivia and Doom from doom. Check out all of these skins here.
- During the season, Epic will release Creative 2.0, allowing fortnite Players are free to use the powerful features of Unreal Engine 5 to create. . . wait and see! Wonderful things, no doubt about it! Ideas should really come to life when it launches next month.
- motorcycle! at last! You can now drive around on two wheels for the first time. I honestly can’t believe it took Epic Games this long. Better late than never. . . .
- New weapons like the Twin Mag SMG, Tactical Pistol, Thunder Shotgun, Maven Automatic Shotgun and Red Eye Assault Rifle. There’s also a Shock Hammer and a sword-rifle combo called the Ex-Caliber Rifle (clever Arthurian pun, I must admit).
- Archless weapons like SCAR. Tactical AR is also coming back, this time as a red dot sight with an orange tint.
- loot drone
- A new Slap Juice consumable that regenerates your stamina faster.
- new default skin
- A new victory umbrella.
there are more! I’ll be digging into the map today to get a better idea of all the new content in the game, which I’ll summarize in a separate post later on this blog. stay tuned! We’re also looking forward to all the Christmas festivities coming soon, so more changes are on the way.
What do you think of the new chapters and season so far?let me know Twitter or Facebook.